Monday, March 9, 2009

The maze unending

Paths and choices.
What literature would we have otherwise?
As many times as we've heard the stories, we play our own in constant rewind. "If I'd hit the ball. If I hadn't picked up that package. If I'd chosen Jenny instead of Sue."
So many choices slide by actually unnoticed. We choose sometimes without even weighing.
It's the conscious choices that offer a vertigo all their own, beyond the outcomes good or bad. To feel as Caesar felt; looking across that river.
To make the statement that closes one door and opens another; to touch the hand that shouldn't be touched; to dive into the pool without knowing if there is a bottom... Then at least, you can look back and say: "Right there. That's where I won or lost, but it was my choice to make."

No comments:

Post a Comment